chelsea kay's days

a stay at home mom trying to figure things out

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

i'm a stay at home mom. i'm crazy about my little boys. in a past life i was an acting major. i love to read more than almost anything. if i could get a second degree it would be in art history. i love jesus somethin' awful. and i go to an amazing church who loves me well.

Friday, September 17, 2004

i tried taking emerson on a little date tonight. i'm feeling sentimental about my time being split when julian comes. so yesterday we had a date too. went out for muffins and hot drinks early in the morning. but then... no julian... so we did it again. this time we went out for dinner together and then to see his first movie. we made it about half way through before he got scared and started wimpering. so we left and he spent the whole ride home telling me how he would come back when he was almost grown up and how we needed to go find a place to play that didn't have a big tv. :) i could eat him with a spoon.
for those of you who have seen shrek 2... it was puss-in-boots that put him over the edge. which may seem odd... but i was considering the fact that emerson has never in his life seen violence of any sort. (isn't that an incredible thought) so even the most mild of cartoons is probably alarming to him.
but... he liked the popcorn. and now he's referring to the movie theater as the popcorn place. the movie is secondary.

well... hopefully julian will decide to come soon. but then again... i wouldn't mind having one more date.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait too! I am so excited for you and Emerson. Maybe one day you will bring them to England to see where Julian's name came from.
I send my love and prayers for these momentous days- Caroline

7:43 AM  
Blogger Stetlers said...

I've considered commenting many times on your blog, but never have. Today I decided to because I wanted to tell you two things...First, although I hardly know you, I think about you and pray for you often. Second, nine months ago I was anxiously awaiting the birth of my second boy and worrying about if I'll ever have dates again with just my two year old. It happens more often than I thought it would. Dates look a little different now, Candyland during the baby's nap, but still just as much fun! I can't wait to hear the happy news about your new baby boy.
Kerri Stetler

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dates with the boys ARE fun, aren't they?! aidan and i went to "bob ebans" when elliott was 1 week old. he had pancakes with tons of syrup and a chocolate sundae. then we got candy on our way out the door. =)
and the other night i was dying to get out of the house with the 2 boys so we went up to mcdonald's for ice cream and even though elliott fussed the whole time, aidan said "mom, good plan, i like our date."
you are going to be a wonderful double-dater, too.
i love you and am praying for labor for you this week -
lyndi

6:57 AM  
Blogger leeya said...

hi ya...I was bloghopping n found urs. I'm from S'pore. 1st n foremost, congratulations on ur 2nd. I had mine abt nearly 4 months ago. The 1st is a gal.
The first month after birth was the hardest time for me and my gal because she was just scccrrreeeaaammiing for attention. And I was screaming almost every day.
Nowadays, things are much better coz after little brother goes to sleep, it's Baby n Ibu (that's mummy in Malay) hugging, kissing n whisphering secrets.
Good Luck...

7:11 AM  
Blogger leeya said...

oohhh..btw, can i link to ur blog?

I'm at www.ibu-sayang.blogspot.com

I've a tag board so u may drop me a line there. See ya...

7:15 AM  
Blogger leeya said...

oohhh..btw, can i link to ur blog?

I'm at www.ibu-sayang.blogspot.com

I've a tag board so u may drop me a line there. See ya...

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are in a tough situation. I just have to say though that people LOVE you so much. It is so evident every time you blog, just by the comments people leave. Bless you and your boys for now and forever.

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >