chelsea kay's days

a stay at home mom trying to figure things out

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

i'm a stay at home mom. i'm crazy about my little boys. in a past life i was an acting major. i love to read more than almost anything. if i could get a second degree it would be in art history. i love jesus somethin' awful. and i go to an amazing church who loves me well.

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

lying here watching my belly twist and turn. trying to connect with this sweet little guy inside of me. i can't wait to meet him. i know seeing his face for the first time will bring a much needed moment of joy to my heart. i wish the day would come sooner. eleven weeks... and probably ten if you consider emerson was a week early.

feeling pretty depressed today. trying to cling to the thousands of reasons i have to be thankful. i really do have so much. so many people who love me and are here for me. lately emerson and i will be driving in the car and he'll suddenly say... "our have lots of friends mommy... right?" he's right.

but still... today is just one of those days i want to escape. but where? i know in my heart that my lack of ability to escape is what will save me in the long run. there is no trial that doesn't hold in it some possibility of treasure. and were i to escape i would miss what is being refined in me. and ultimately i would miss out on the greater joy. a counselor i am seeing has said to me repeatedly... "it's your choice... you can come out of this a bag of bones or you can come out of this an incredibly strong woman." not much of a choice there if you ask me.

when i pray... the two things i feel sure of are these...God will protect me and God will restore joy to me. i believe that if i press on i will see that these things are more true than i even expect in my best moments. though God has always allowed me pain... he has always been extravagant in it's redemption.

still... my greif is so deep today. there is no way to the other side of this pain than to trudge through it moment by moment. i confess, i'm sort of searching the skys for an emergency airlift. but i don't think it's coming. i guess i'll just have to keep lifting one foot after the other until i'm through. here goes.

3 Comments:

Blogger jlee said...

your honesty draws me into the reality of God and man...chels.
you are right- there is no way but through, and your hiking this journey so well......diamonds await you ahead sweet woman. if i could take it all away..i would. you are one of a kind, god has given you strength that only few are able to experience in a lifetime. praise be to jesus, who's glorious death has paved the way for you to get through this.
my prayers are with you....as well as all my love.
jamie lee

1:21 PM  
Blogger D said...

Chelsea,
You, I am sure don't remember me, let alone know me, however you helped change my view of Christ and of Christians. It was just a simple act of kindness on your part. I had only come to VCC a few times in early 2001 and I found it to be sooooo un friendly, cliquish, I was getting ready to leave the main service and not come back because all 3-5 times I came here alone no one even said hello, except greeters (but that's their job, they didn't count to me). I ran into a friend that day, Rick Wetzel and I decided to give it 1 more try. I went to J House. I sat down by myself on an isle and not one persone smiled or said hi (now I am freakish looking but not that bad, ask Cannell). You walked over sat in the chair in front of me facing me and said "Hi, are you new, I don't think I have ever seen you here". You were so kind and we talked about your involvement with J. House, about how you husband helped start it, and I remember thinking "he may have started it but it flourished because of this girl and her care and concern to make people feel welcome".
After meeting you I thought "this place needs more people like her". To this day I try to model you in that every time I step foot in VCC or out on an outreach, anytime I am in contact with people where I want to show who Jesus is, I TRY to show them what you showed me.
Not sure why I am telling you this now, but I just thought you might need to hear it. You not only have blessed me but you have changed me. I know God is going to get you through all the junk that may be erupting in your life. When you get through it, you are going to look even more like Him than when you started, and to me you looked enough like already.
Kristi and I will be praying for you. I already have in a round about way, I have been praying for Danny and Penny since your brother got sick, but I didn't know you were part of that family until I started reading your blog and saw their pics.
Anyway if there is ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask. Email me or call me at the church ext 3210.
Thanks again for showing me what Jesus looks like.
Dave Webster

2:06 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

chels,
i am sitting here, tears running down my face from reading what you just wrote. i don't know how to put it into words how amazing i think you are. you are pressing into Jesus in such an incredible way. i appreciate your honesty and vulnerabilty.

as for the baby,9 weeks and counting for me (8 if you consider simon was a week early too!) and i still would like to really connect with my little one. i think that there is nothing that replaces actually getting to hold our babies, huh?

i love you. i'm soglad that we are making an effort to hang out more. speaking of which, are you free sometime next week? :)
love,
karen

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >