chelsea kay's days

a stay at home mom trying to figure things out

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

i'm a stay at home mom. i'm crazy about my little boys. in a past life i was an acting major. i love to read more than almost anything. if i could get a second degree it would be in art history. i love jesus somethin' awful. and i go to an amazing church who loves me well.

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

some days i feel so much pain that i just want to escape. but i am keenly aware that jesus is my only choice and he is not an escapist. all other paths but jesus lead to self destruction. it's never been more crystal clear. when jesus asked the disciples if they wanted to leave him too their reply was... "where will we go? you alone have the words of eternal life."

and yet i can feel myself often rising up and wrestling God for control. trying to take back the reigns of my life... accusing him of negligence. i try to sneak behind his back and put my fingers in the light sockets of my life. and then i feel confused when i get a bad shock. couldn't God chelsea-proof this world... like I baby proofed my house? protect me from all those dangers that i'm just too stubborn to believe will hurt me?

i suppose with all my baby proofing emerson has still gotten a fair share of bumps, bruises, scrapes and cuts. not to mention a severe skull surgery and plenty of shots. and flus and colds, etc. maybe God has chelsea-proofed more than i realize and most of what i'm experiencing is me learning to walk or getting an immunization that i won't appreciate till later or just catching something that's part of being alive in this world. or maybe it's like the skull surgery that i'd have done anything to spare emerson from going through but had to allow so that he could be whole for the rest of his life.

although to be honest... much of what i'm experiencing is like the three year old kid that stomped on emerson's hands when he was one because she was hungry and mad at her dad. sigh... i wanted to beat the crap out of that kid. maybe God feels that way about me and my stomper too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelsea, Your writing is so amazing. I don't know much, but I know enough for my heart to break open wide in the hands of God praying for you. I know we haven't had a real conversation in years and have totally grown apart, but I love you so much. I have only known you from about 19 years of age and on, but I have heard so many of your childhood stories and seen so many little girl chelsea pictures that I think of you that way along with thinking of you as the beautiful woman you became. Yes- I do believe God looks at the stomper the same way. I feel such sickness and anger over it and I'm 6 hours away from you... years apart from closeness with you.... and I'm certainly not the righteous all knowing God. I can't imagine how it breaks our Father. I love you and I'm praying.
Elizabeth (cannell) Jackson

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelsea --

Thanks for sharing your pain and frustration. I believe that one day, someone will stumble upon this blog in your archives and will be encouraged.

Jesus is already taking your suffering and making something beautiful out of it. What man means for evil, God means for good, and He'll relentlessly pursue your ultimate good, working all things together for your benefit because you love him and are called according to his purpose.

Of course, your situation still majorly sucks. I feel for you, and pray for you and Emerson and your baby every day. And I also pray for the stomper.

Persevere.

6:00 AM  
Blogger D said...

I have no clue what you are going through in your life. I don't need to, God knows what's up so, I will be praying for you.
David Webster

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chelsea ~ just was thinking about you and praying for you and wanted to say hello. One thing that sometimes I forget when I am going through a rough time is that God made us emotive people. He wants us to emotionally vomit to him. O.K. not very pretty words but it fits so often for me.......when I want to control a situation. What the disciples said is so true. Hope that today brings at least one lj for you (lj meaning little joy) Liz

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >