chelsea kay's days

a stay at home mom trying to figure things out

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

i'm a stay at home mom. i'm crazy about my little boys. in a past life i was an acting major. i love to read more than almost anything. if i could get a second degree it would be in art history. i love jesus somethin' awful. and i go to an amazing church who loves me well.

Monday, July 05, 2004

thank you to all of you again. i can feel your prayers and they are not in vain. i am being carried by their power. i deeply believe this. please don't stop praying.

i may not respond to each and every one of you individually... but know that every comment and email is deeply appreciated and encouraging.

emerson brings so much joy to my life. in the beginning of this trial... i must admit that he felt like a weight. something in the way of me staying in bed all day and nursing my wounds. but God is smart... i might not have had impetus enough to recover were it not for him. and now i find that every day even in the midst of grief, emerson brings light and breeze.

last night when i got into bed to lay down with him, he opened his arms wide and said... "come here mama." he then embraced me and said... "sooooo much!" and squeezed the sadness out of me. he repeated..."me love you so much." i love that boy.

i am also in awe of my god. he is so good to me. he sustains me. there have been many a night where he was the one to say... "come here chelsea.".... and wrap his arms around me repeating... "so much!" i don't ever want to let him go. but i'm strangely aware that it depends much more on him never wanting to let me go. please hold on tight to me Jesus.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chelsea, I am so sorry for the pain you are in and just want to tell you: a) I am, and will continue to pray b) you are a remarkable woman. Thank you for having the courage to continue posting and being an inspiration to us all. Blessings- Caroline

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea - thanks for sharing the pictures. I hope that you have some lj's this week in spite of the pain. What a sweetie Emerson is. Continuing to pray ~ Liz

12:18 PM  
Blogger jlee said...

chels,
emerson is so tender. i love him so much.
i am praying for his heart.
& i love you -
j

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chelsea,
I've only really met you once, but you impacted my life enough that I've never lost the deep respect that I gained for you that day. Yours is really the only blog that I read on here and I was so happy to discover your name amongst the many who post on this site (it was a way for me to continue learning from you after you left Joshua House). I know that nothing I can say can eliminate the pain that you're experiencing right now and I myself am in no place in the Lord to offer you any profound, life giving message unfortunately. I can only say that I believe God will get you through this. However He'll do it I don't know, but I know that He has many ways to provide exactly what you need. I am reminded of a verse in the Psalms that says, "For I was young and now I am old yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread" and I pray that you too will be able to say those same words when this is over.
May God be closer to you than He's ever been before.

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >