chelsea kay's days

a stay at home mom trying to figure things out

Name:
Location: Ohio, United States

i'm a stay at home mom. i'm crazy about my little boys. in a past life i was an acting major. i love to read more than almost anything. if i could get a second degree it would be in art history. i love jesus somethin' awful. and i go to an amazing church who loves me well.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

emerson has just realized that we eat animals. he was a little upset by this and for the past few days he has been trying out vegetarianism. we have given him total freedom to choose to eat animals along with us or to abstain. he broke his fast today with pepperonis. i reminded him... "honey, you know these are meat, right?"
"what are they made of mommy?"
"pigs."
"mmmm. i just love pigs."
zero to 60 in one bite.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee...

that's strikingly similar to how *i* gave up vegetarianism. :)

2:53 PM  
Blogger mommy zabs said...

That is so funny! How cute :)

9:18 PM  
Blogger jessezgirl said...

Zoe "tried" to do this recently...
you had a better additude than i did, i guess with her allergies i just told her to forget it, that when she was old enough she could choose for herself...
you are such a good mommy...:D

3:52 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

emerson is hilarious! that's so funny!

5:30 AM  
Blogger John McCollum said...

Like they say, if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Mark K. said...

My youngest went through a similar stage, but I think she was scared of mad cow. All that ended when she had some hard salami.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with this, although it is a cute story. My wife and I were sitting right next to you and Adrienne today in church. I just wanted to tell you that the word you gave at the end of the service was excellent. More people need to hear that more often. Thanks for your willingness to step out and be used.
Dave Webster

11:15 AM  
Blogger chelsea said...

dave... your comments on my blog are very timely. i really wanted to meet you and your wife personally after the service but i had to get my son from sunday school. i wanted to tell you that your comment about a year and a half ago on my blog was extremely kind and encouraging and meaningful. and then today i was beating myself up all morning because i felt so silly about that word. so... i needed to hear it. maybe your comments on my blog are your willingness to do the same... be used by God. :)

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well don't beat yourself up over it, a LOT of heads around me were nodding in agreement as you were speaking, I think it hits home with anyone and everyone who follows Christ.
At JHouse last night my friend Damas Kamfwa from Zambia gave the message and it was in a way, your word part II.
Thanks for your kind words about my comments last year, I felt kind of strange leaving them since I don't really know you. However, JC told me I should, and I ALWAYS listen to Jeff;)
Next time I am at CV I will introduce myself.
Dave Webster

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? Blogging Mommies # >